Skip to content
Young people are in the break in school

Enrolling a pupil for basic education 

Enrolling a pupil in 1st grade

Enrolment for 1st grade is done electronically using the Wilma pupil information system. You will be provided with more detailed instructions by your child’s early childhood education and care unit at the latest at the beginning of the year your child is due to start school.

Enrolling a pupil who is moving for basic education

We operate on the principle of the closest school to a pupil’s home. You can find the locations of comprehensive schools and their areas of pupil admission under Find comprehensive schools on the map. When enrolling a pupil in a school close to their home, please contact the principal. The principal’s contact information is available on the school’s website (so far only in Finnish).

Contact information