There are seven dog parks in Kajaani.
Dog parks are designed to offer dog owners a safe environment where they can let their dogs run free, while also offering dogs the opportunity to meet other dogs and do what dogs naturally do. The parks also offer dog owners opportunities to meet like-minded people!
The Public Order Act, which was amended in 2003, decrees that dogs must be kept on a lead in built-up areas. According to the Act, dogs can be allowed to run free in built-up areas only in dog parks, dog training areas and enclosed yards.
Dog park rules
To ensure that everyone can enjoy spending time at a dog park, we have set up rules for the parks and we hope everyone will follow them.
- Always keep your dog off the lead in the dog park.
- Make sure that your dog’s vaccinations are up to date.
- Do not bring an angry or sick dog to the park, or a dog on heat.
- If there are other dogs in the park, don’t throw anything for your dog to fetch.
- You are responsible for your dog’s behaviour; you will be held responsible if your dog attacks another dog.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed in the park when there are other dogs there.
- At night (between 22:00–07:00), make sure that your dog’s barking doesn’t disturb the neighbourhood’s residents.
- Do not damage the vegetation or furnishings in the park.
- Pick up your dog’s poop and keep the park clean.
- Always close the gate when you leave