Welcome to Kajaani Art Museum
Kajaani Art Museum was opened to the public in April 1993. The museum’s exhibition rooms are located in the former police house designed by architect Eino Pitkänen. Completed in 1936, the building is an example of pure functionalist style. The fenced yard outside its northern wing leads to the old Town Hall which dates back to 1831.
One of the main tasks of the museum is the provision of art education. Through its exhibitions of both international and local works of art the museum aims to present a broad and comprehensive picture of art to wide audience from all social groups.